Monday, November 8, 2010

There is a pug staring at me while I type this. He wonders why I am not showering him with love and attention Right This Second.

Yesterday I helped for an hour at the Little Winter market that happened here in Portland. I greeted during that time, which is something I like to do. I like to set the tone for someone's experience and want to make sure it's a positive one.

After the Little Winter I came home, where Jonathan was nice enough to make me one of his super awesome Sunday scrambles. I had been kinda sad because I didn't think I was going to get one today and I didn't get one last week, so I was a little bummed. When he sent me a text that said, "Want me to make you a scrambie?" I got reeeally excited. :o)

In the afternoon I had reiki done for the first time. It was amazing. I would describe it as being like guided meditation. Anna at Opaline Spa did it and...WOW. I laid on her massage table with blankets on me and she basically walked around the table and held her hands in certain places on my body. She started at my head, then worked her way to my right shoulder, my right hip, and then continued all the way around. Pretty much immediately after she started I went into a deep relaxation. More relaxed than I have ever been before. I would have a thought or two and then my focus would automatically go back to my breathing and this happened the entire hour. I felt at some points like I couldn't move, but not in a stressful way. Just that I was so deep in "reiki-land" as she calls it, that I was just that relaxed. What was also interesting is that when she was working on my left hip my breathing got so fast. I felt like I couldn't get enough oxygen into me. It wasn't stressful, though. As she moved away from it and headed toward my left arm and shoulder I immediately went back into the trance-like relaxation state and my breathing super slowed down again, like to just a few times a minute. After the session I talked to her about it and she said that sometimes that happens. Certain places in the body have extra needs (possibly my pre-cancerous cervical cells in my hip area?) and they respond differently. Even now, as I am writing this hours later (writing this on Sunday night), I feel very calm and my shoulders actually feel loose, like I got a massage. My shoulders are where I carry my stress and they feel much better. I would say I'm a believer. :o)

This week will be a good week. I am going to the dentist on Wednesday. I love my dentist's office! They are SO NICE. Everyone is awesome. Thursday I don't have to work, due to Veterans' Day. Halo goes back to MTVC that night for a checkup. Hopefully she's doing good!

Here's a couple pictures of some super yummy salmon I made last night. I used this recipe. With a name like Firecracker Grilled Alaskan Salmon, how could I go wrong? (You can't.) WOW. Yummy recipe! I posted all of the photos I took while making it in this album, so check them out if you want to. Super yum!

 Salmon in the marinade. It smelled SO good!

Semi-blurry picture of the awesome salmon after it came out of the oven. Wow!!

On Saturday night I made some lentil soup that was SO GOOD. Every time I make lentil soup, after the first couple bites I say to Jonathan, "Oh my gosh, I think this is the best lentil soup I've ever made!" and then he always laughs because I say it Every Single Time, but I'm not saying it to be silly! I really do think every lentil soup I make is better than the last. I do things differently every time. I really did like the spices in this soup, though. Here's pictures of the soup and my recipe here.


Lentil soup: not the prettiest thing to take a picture of, but a very delicious thing!

I hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. i'm going to try that salmon recipe.. i've been searching for a good one! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I always go to Allrecipes.com because they have so many good ideas! There are other good-looking salmon recipes that I have yet to try. In my recipes tag there is a salmon cakes recipe that turned out really good, too!

    ReplyDelete