Thursday, January 17, 2013

Anti-Inflammation Cleanse Recipe: Thai Coconut Soup





Could we call it Thai Thursday? This Thai-inspired recipe is delicious, savory, and warming with the ginger in it. The leftovers reheat well, too. As with the other recipes I've posted this week, this is intended to be one large serving, so double or triple it as needed.

4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
1 bunch scallions
1 carrot, chopped
1 chicken breast, cut into small chunks
1 cup of water
1 can of light coconut milk
2 baby bok choy heads, chopped

Use a garlic press to mince both the garlic and ginger. Heat coconut oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic; saute for about one minute. Add the onion and carrot; saute for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring, until lightly browned. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes. Finally, turn back down to medium, add the baby bok choy, and cook for about 5 minutes longer. Serve and enjoy!

This recipe is one of the ones I loved from the Shift Cleanse I have been doing since January 1! Big thank you to Skylor for letting me share a few of her recipes! (In case you missed it, I am posting one recipe per day this week that I have loved from the cleanse.)

Previous recipes posted: Basil Garbanzo Beans with Quinoa Tuna Salad, and Chicken Vegetable Soup.

This post is about me tackling one of my 2013 resolutions. Won't you follow along?

No comments:

Post a Comment