Monday, January 23, 2012

An Adventurous Weekend!

Guys, I had the best weekend ever, hands down. No, really. On Saturday I volunteered with Friends of Trees and helped plant nine trees on Gladstone. I then went home and spent the rest of the night in my minkie pants, snuggled up on the couch. Yesterday Jonathan and I went with several friends to the mountain to snowshoe. We went down part of the Pacific Crest Trail and did about five miles of snowshoeing/hiking overall. Plus, it was snowing pretty hard, so it was absolutely gorgeous!

Here's some of the pictures I took this weekend:

Starter holes for us to put trees in 

 All of our trees to plant

Showing the volunteers how to plant the trees 

That is a good-looking moat 

The Tuffies got a little dirty 


Getting ready to use the stake pounder. Gotta wear the hard hat! 


Close-up of the roots of an Autumn Gold Gingko

And then Sunday's pictures... 






This is the same place where Jonathan and I took the lower picture just a few weeks earlier! 

Hey, mountain!

This is how tall the snow is over the road.

All of Saturday's pictures are here and all of Sunday's pictures are here. Needless to say, I didn't feel like getting out of bed this morning for lack of energy and no coffee in the apartment, but I made it up and got a ton done today! More about that later...

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment