Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halo Cat needs help!







Edit on 11/5/10: Keep Halo in your thoughts today! She is going in for an emergency vet visit at 11am. The fur & skin is peeling off one of her back feet. She has a zombie kitty foot. Still accepting donations for her vet bills! :o(

The donate button is at the bottom of the page. If the button isn't working, you can send donations through PayPal.

Edit: We're at $570 out of $600 for donations! We only need $30 more until Halo's vet bill is paid off! I cannot tell you how much I TOTALLY appreciate each and every donation. It means a lot that friends, strangers, and coffee shop customers have donated to help out with Halo's vet  bill. This is HUGE to us!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! <3<3<3

As many of you know, I have been talking a lot lately about how sick Halo is. If this is your first time coming to this page, let me tell you about Halo. She's been my constant companion since I was 8 and I will be 28 in a month. She's easily 22 or 23 and still has a lot of life in her! She's pretty sassy when she's feeling good! She has stuck with me through many moves and life happenings. She has been through a lot in her little kitty life. She has hyperthyroidism and takes medication for it. She was recently diagnosed with diabetes, a UTI as a result of the diabetes, and an ear infection. She is on five medications right now. This past week has resulted in a vet bill that is almost $600. This cost is really hard for us. I'm a full-time student putting myself through school. We just recently had to buy new brakes and new tires for our car and it was the victim of a hit and run, causing us to have to pay the insurance deductible, because our car was undriveable. To say this is a hardship is putting it lightly. We have to go back to the vet again on November 11th to find out if the insulin we are now giving her is working and to see if her UTI and ear infection is gone.

If you feel you are able, please consider donating the fund we're setting up for Halo. She is SO loved by both me, my boyfriend, and my friends who know her. It is so hard on me knowing she's not feeling well right now. Even $5 helps and is really, really appreciated. I feel so anxious putting this out there and asking for money, but I'm at my wit's end right now. If I didn't have to worry about school, as well, I could funnel our money toward Halo's health bills, but we are doing everything we can to make it work. I've been applying for seasonal jobs and will be helping out a friend with her business once it's a little further into November. I'm flying up to Alaska to work at my coffee shop in December. We've been eating lots of dinners of home fries and veggie burgers to keep food costs low. Every little bit we can do to save money we are doing right now.

Thank you for listening and thank you for considering donating. You have my sincerest appreciation from the bottom of my heart. I am really grateful for the people who have already donated. It really means a lot to me that total strangers have donated to helping out someone's beloved cat. So far we've earned $55 and that is such a blessing.

Thank you so much,
Brittany




1 comment:

  1. Love you guys! Thinking happy, lucky thoughts for you :)
    Don't know if it was just me, but when I hit the Paypal link in this post it didn't direct me to donate to you ... I used the link in the sidebar which worked.
    XO.

    ReplyDelete