Friday, January 18, 2013

Anti-Inflammation Cleanse Recipe: Cabbage Walnut Salad


It's Friiiiiiday! Whoo hoo! I hope y'all have enjoyed the recipes I've posted this week! Sorry for no Awesome Stuff I Pinned This Week today. Just wanted to squeeze in *one* more recipe! And it's a good one: cabbage walnut salad with almond butter dressing.

The dressing for this salad is so ridiculously good. Like I need ONE more way to get almond butter into my diet. I could eat it every day! (Oh, wait, I HAVE been eating it every day since January 1!) As with the other recipes I've posted this week, this is intended to be one large serving, so double or triple it as needed.


1/4 head of purple cabbage
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1 handful sugar snap peas
1/4 cup walnuts
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp coconut milk
1 tsp coconut amino acids
1 tsp apple juice

Chop cabbage, cucumber, and snap peas well. Put in a bowl with walnuts. In a separate cup, mix well almond butter, coconut milk, amino acids, and apple juice. Pour the mixture on top of the cabbage and enjoy! I usually make this salad in the morning for lunch at work and keep the dressing in a separate container until it's time to eat, in case it gets slimy or weird. (Same thing with the Tuna Salad recipe.)

This recipe is one of the ones I loved from the Shift Cleanse I have been doing since January 1! Big thank you to Skylor for letting me share a few of her recipes! (In case you missed it, I was posting one recipe per day this week that I have loved from the cleanse.) This ends my posting for the week, so I hope you have a good weekend and eat some good food!

Previous recipes posted: Basil Garbanzo Beans with Quinoa Tuna SaladChicken Vegetable Soup, and Thai Coconut Soup.

This post is about me tackling one of my 2013 resolutions. Won't you follow along?

No comments:

Post a Comment