Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Anti-Inflammation Cleanse Recipe: Chicken Vegetable Soup


Today's recipe is for a delicious chicken and vegetable soup with an ingredient I would have never thought to put into soup: apple! I was a little curious how it would turn out, but it is FABULOUS! As with the other recipes I've posted, this is intended to be one large serving, so double or triple it as needed.

1 carrot
3 cups water
1/2 head broccoli
1/2 sweet onion, well-chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 apple
1 chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
2 tbsp poultry seasoning (I used seafood seasoning)
salt & pepper to taste

Bring 3 cups of water to boil. Add poultry seasoning, chicken, onion, and garlic cloves. Turn down to medium and cook for 25 minutes. Chop the apple, carrots, and broccoli while this is cooking. Then add them as well as salt and pepper. Cook on low for about another 25 minutes. Remove and eat!

The broth alone on this soup is so flavorful and delicious! The sweetness of the apples blend well with the savoriness of the chicken and vegetables. It's delightful!

This recipe is one of the ones I loved from the Shift Cleanse I have been doing since January 1! Big thank you to Skylor for letting me share a few of her recipes! (In case you missed it, I am posting one recipe per day this week that I have loved from the cleanse.)

Previous recipes posted: Basil Garbanzo Beans with Quinoa and Tuna Salad.

This post is about me tackling one of my 2013 resolutions. Won't you follow along?

No comments:

Post a Comment