Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Recipe: Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato, and Kale Soup




Posting this recipe has been a long time in the coming. I made this soup at least two full weeks ago, but the past fortnight has been a crazy mishmash of the new job, house-sitting, trying to see friends, and more. And, you know, it being the Christmas season and all.

But let's talk about this soup. WOW. It was unlike any soups I have made before. The flavor was smoky and had a lot of depth. Jonathan was really impressed by it! (He is the ultimate test of things.) This was a recipe that I actually followed almost to a T, since it was so different than anything I'd done previously. I must say, Angela of Oh She Glows did it again! The only change I made was spinach instead of kale! I also used less water, which made the broth thicker. This wasn't done intentionally. I was trying to double the recipe and got to the end and couldn't double the water in the pot. Oops. ;o)

Please check out Angela's recipe for Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato, and Kale soup! You'll be sorry if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment