Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Official List of Books Read in March



Man, I thought February was bad for my book reading? Oh, March was even WORSE! I only read two books! I do now have a bunch of new books on my Kobo to read when I get a chance. What was I doing in March to make me so busy? Looking at my calendar tells me I had eight houses that I was house-sitting/checking on pets, I started working at the Saturday Market again, AND I was busy all day on the weekends that I wasn't working for Karina. Good lord. I'm still house-sitting every weekend in April, but maybe I'll end up magically reading more somehow? We'll see.

13. "Shanghai Girls: A Novel" by Lisa See
14. "French Kids Eat Everything: How Our Family Moved to France, Cured Picky Eating, Banned Snacking, and Discovered 10 Simple Rules for Raising Happy, Healthy Eaters" by Karen Le Billon

I really enjoyed both of these books! I read "Shanghai Girls: A Novel" in one sitting when Jonathan and I went to visit his family. It was an awesome Sunday of reading and drinking wine!

"French Kids Eat Everything" was inspiring in that it made me rethink how I've been eating. I've been better about not snacking in between meals and trying to choose foods that are better for me and don't leave me SO HUNGRY between meals so that I feel like I must snack.

I would highly recommend both books!

The books that I've bought recently are:

*"Closer to the Ground" by Dylan Tomine
*"The Responsible Company" by Vincent Stanley
*"180 South: Conquerors of the Useless" by Yvon Chouinard, Jeff Johnson, and Chris Malloy
*"The Shining" by Steven King
*"The World Until Yesterday: What Can We Learn from Traditional Societies?" by Jared Diamond

What books have you been reading and enjoying lately?

Past months of books read: January, February.

1 comment:

  1. ohhh that french kids book is totally going to be my next read! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete