Monday, January 14, 2013

Anti-Inflammation Cleanse Recipe: Basil Garbanzo Beans & Quinoa


Man, you guys are so lucky this week! I have been receiving lots of questions about recipes from the Shift Cleanse I've been doing, so I asked Skylor if I could share some recipes and she said yes! From today through Friday I'll be posting one of my favorite Shift Cleanse recipes every day. Hopefully this will inspire some of you to do the cleanse (because I am loving it so much!!) or at least try some new recipes you might not have tried before!

Today's recipe is basil garbanzo beans and quinoa. The recipe originally called for rice, but I made it with quinoa and it was SO good! I'm sure it would be just as good with rice, so try it both ways. I plan to!

The recipe makes enough for one large serving, so if you plan on serving it to multiple people, perhaps double the recipe. It made enough for three filling servings for me, so tweak it as you need to!

1/3 can garbanzo beans
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 carrot, diced
1 cup cooked quinoa (or brown rice)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 tbsp basil oil (with your blender blend 8 or so leaves in 1 cup olive oil, let sit to let leaf bits rise to surface and then strain)
salt & pepper to taste

Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Add the quinoa and carrot, cook for about 2 minutes longer. Finally, add the beans. Cook until they are heated through. Stir the basil oil in. Then add salt and pepper to your liking and enjoy!

A huge thank you to Skylor for letting me share her delicious recipes!! (Eating nothing but these types of recipes for the past two weeks has made me lose over 5lbs while eating spoonfuls of almond butter and avocados every day, eating about twice as many calories as I "should" eat to lose weight, feeling full all the time, and not really doing any exercising other than walking around 2 miles a day.)

This post is about me tackling one of my 2013 resolutions. Won't you follow along?

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to making this! I signed up for the cleanse and will start it on the 28th - but I've been eating lots of the recipes already. :) Thanks for introducing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, YAY YOU!! I'm so happy you signed up for the cleanse! You will feel like a million bucks, I swear. My friends have pointed out that I look better and like I've lost weight. My clothes are fitting better! I just feel awesome, so I can't wait for you to feel just as awesome!

      Delete