Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting Rid of All the Things in 2012

Remember how on October 27, 2011, I wrote this post showing pictures of what our spare bedroom looked like when I came back from being out of town for seven months and had started into my life of relative ownership of items and simplicity? 

Let's recap with the photos:



Um, holy heck, right?!

Let's see what it looks like now, as of yesterday!



I have been getting rid of things for the past year now. It's been a pretty long process, you know, what with deciding to overhaul your lifestyle and get rid of things that just aren't working for you AND realizing that you don't need to buy every item that you like AND realizing when you have enough. I've been pushing to finish my "Getting Rid of All the Things" project by the end of the year. I just want to start 2013 anew. I want to not have piles of random things around the apartment that remind me I need to take care of them still. I want to start 2013 focusing on new projects. I've been working at getting rid of things since July, 2011, and I just want to be done with it. I'm ready to be done with it. I've made some new decisions lately (more to come on that later) and I am ready to be finished. This year has been challenging overall and I'm ready to be more focused and taking on new tasks and adventures. This year has been all about changing my life and I've learned some lessons and learned more about myself. I'm ready for 2013.

2 comments: