Monday, June 11, 2012

Recipe: Caprese Salad with Chicken Sausage and Bruschetta


Hello, friends.

Is it okay with everyone that I'm posting more often? I've felt like I've had mental time lately to do more and I've missed blogging. I miss sharing things online and hearing from people. Hopefully you guys are okay with that. ;o)

Last night for dinner I made a recipe that was this based on this. I used more of what we already had and what I can afford right now. Luckily, it was delicious and Jonathan gave it two thumbs up!

My version's ingredients:

*7 Roma tomatoes
*1/2 red onion
*3 chicken sausages
*Lots of basil
*Red wine vinegar
*Balsamic vinegar
*Olive oil
*Salt & pepper
*Small loaf of French bread

This whole dinner took maybe ten minutes to make! I chopped the chicken sausages up and put them into a skillet, cooking them on medium heat. I chopped the tomatoes, onion, and basil up, and mixed them all together. I glugged in a splash of olive oil, a couple dashes of balsamic, and several more dashes of red wine vinegar. I salted and peppered. I crumbled more Cotija in than may have been necessary, but it was delicious. I broiled my little crusty breads and by the time they were ready, the chicken sausage pieces were done and mixed into the veggie bowl. Voila!

This was an easy meal that wasn't really heavy. I think Jonathan's only wish was that the bread was bigger around so that he could properly stack the mixture on top. This unmentioned request has been noted. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment