Friday, June 3, 2011

Fishing and Flying: Best Thursday Ever

Yesterday was amazing. I got to hang out with my dad and do some of the cool "Alaska-ey" stuff we used to always do. We started off the day with fishing in the Mountain Point and Herring Cove area. We didn't end up catching anything, but it was still nice to be outside. There was a charter boat that was tossing herring into the air and eagles were swooping down and catching them, so that was pretty cool, too.








After we got back to the dock and took the boat home, my dad had to go do some last minute airplane stuff before we could go flying, so I went home and took a two hour nap. So nice! I woke up to a text from him saying he was going to fly by in a few minutes, so I ran upstairs and got my camera!


The close-up version. Hi, 22 Delta!

After my dad flew by I hurried up to get to the float so we could leave as soon as possible. I haven't gone flying in two or three years and I wanted to make sure it happened! We ended up just flying around and looking at things, which was awesome.



Me and my dad!

Banking hard to the right

That black spot in the center of the picture is a bear!

Found a fish trap with two wolf traps in it


Back Island submarine testing site

The day was gorgeous!

And then, you know me...I took a picture of the sunset!

You can see all of the pictures I took here. Today I'm working the early shift so that I can get off work at 1:30 and we can go flying and check out some crab pots. Should be another excellent day! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment