Monday, May 16, 2011

Bike Rides, Celebratory Beer, and Harriet's First Lemon

I can't believe I've been back in Ketchikan for two full weeks now. I have done SO MUCH! Every day is a new adventure!

This weekend's main adventure was riding from Tongass Trading to the end of the paved bike trail out south. I have never done this, although I've wanted to. It got paved after I moved to Portland so I've never had the chance to ride on it until last night! As of right now is supposed to rain today so I just wanted to make sure I got in some good exercise before that happened. Not that rain will stop me, but I really wanted to ride Eleanor. It's been over a month! From going to riding her five times a week as a bike commuter to basically zero, I've been itching to ride her again. Finally! My friend Brian went with me, as he hadn't gone on the bike trail yet either.

 Got her loaded up to head into town to pick up Brian and his bike

Eleanor and a boat - how Alaskan! ;o)


I had a ladybug interloper when we returned to the car to put our bike up!

I celebrated when I got home with half of a Smoked Porter. Yum!!

The stats from our ride ended up to be...We rode 11.5 miles with an average speed of 11mph. Yeah!! My heart rate monitor said I burned 536 calories. I can't wait to ride again! Today's activities will be Bhangra class from 5-6pm at the rec center and then kickball from 7-8pm or so.

Today's mission is to make some Dolly Varden and then maybe something else, but I'm not sure what yet. I ordered some essential oils from Mr. Green Bean and some other soap-making supplies from other places so as soon as that gets here I'll be on a roll! I have some friends who are interested in selling some soaps in their shops here! Aaagh!! So exciting! I also have a pedi scheduled for this morning. Since it's been so gloriously nice in Ketchikan lately I have been rotating through my pairs of Dansko Sissy sandals, which are super cute and perfect!

I hope everyone had a great afternoon! It's time for me to finish my coffee and get a few things cleaned up around here so I can head into town!

P.S. Harriet is working on her first lemon!!! Jonathan sent me this picture last night! Yeah! Go, Harriet! I will be able to make the teeniest, tiniest lemon tart. :o)


1 comment: