Friday, February 4, 2011

Things I'm loving lately: Ferns

Ask any Southeastern Alaskan about ferns and the first thought is fiddleheads. We come to look forward to seeing these little guys in the spring. As Wikipedia says, they are crazy nutritious for you. (My description, not theirs.) Very delicious when sauteed, you have to wait for the right moment of unfurl. This recipe here sounds like something I have made myself. (Oh, yum.)

Ferns, I salute you this Friday! Here are some ferns I've been lovin' lately...





Really, really, really love this fern cuff from Honeybee and, if you know me, I love my silver bracelets!



This wee little pin by JBarnum is so teeny and cute!

One more piece of art! Loving this painting by Lynncyrart.

I would love to go out and hunt for fiddleheads again. It's been several years since I've eaten them, but would definitely love to!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I have lots of plans for tomorrow. I'm going to be meeting up with one of my online friends for the first time! (Hi, Lisa!) Yay! I've been looking forward to that. Then Jonathan and I are going to head to Eyedentity Vision Center, where I'm going to hopefully pick out a new pair of sunglasses to get with prescription lenses. I've had my eyes on Wayfarers for yeeears and have always had a pair of fake ones, but now that I need glasses to not kill people when I drive or get lost, I want some sassy, fun ones to wear in the sunshine. :o)

And, of course, I have lots of schoolwork to do, because the life of a full time student who also works full time is never done. (Kinda.)

Okay! Have a great next few days and we'll see you back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment