Monday, February 14, 2011

Octopus Gyotaku and Cannon Beach: A Weekend in Pictures

WOW.

This weekend was just as awesome as I thought it would be, if not ten times more.

I think I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves. If you have any questions about what we did or what's going on in the pictures, leave them in the comments!

If you'd like to see all of the gyotaku class pictures, they're in this album, and all of the Cannon Beach photos are in this album.












Here's a few of the pieces I made...










Saturday night we went to Breakside Brewery and did this...


Sunday we headed to Cannon Beach...














Then Renai headed back to Seattle and Jonathan and I went home to enjoy some beer and some salmon jerky from Ecola Seafoods...



A very fine weekend, indeed.

5 comments:

  1. WOW those octopus paintings are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really fun to take Sharron's class. I have been a big fan of her work since I was in high school and own over 10 of her art pieces. I'm really thankful we're friends now and that she is wanting to spread her knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your print pieces! does look like you had a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY liked your print of the LONG tenticles, it is great! Also enjoyed the ocean pictures. It's been ages since I was last at an actual ocean beach, just lake beaches these days....:o( I miss all the beach life. Someday we'll try to bring Hannah to the beach and show her all the neat beach-y stuff but for now I'll show her your wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete