Wednesday, December 29, 2010

More recipes and more cooking! I'm on fire this week!

Last night I made two more delicious recipes from Whole Living. That's my favorite magazine and this last issue was SO good. I am calling it my bible. There is so much good stuff in this issue it's unreal. So many tidbits of information, helpful stuff, and many good recipes! Here are two I tried last night...


 This is the avocado, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dijon mustard mixture. I just mashed it all together with a fork, which worked just fine.

 Kale is so pretty!

 Kale reminds me of the sea pens I used to see in Ketchikan when I was diving.

 Kale and apple slices

 Adding the almonds

I mixed the avocado mixture with everything and voila! This was absolutely delicious tonight! The different flavor combinations mixed really well!

Britt notes: I couldn't find beets at the store, so no beets (super sadly). I added more mustard and vinegar. YUM!


(Minus the avocado...sigh.)

 I used these beans.

 The bean mash, pepper, and sauce mixture. It's spicy!

 I arranged my radishes! This step is VERY IMPORTANT.

 I put a bunch of sprouts on the sandwich and voila! I didn't put avocado on it because I forgot I needed to buy two and I used the one I had in the creamy kale salad tonight. Darn! Next time!

Yum yum yum!

Britt notes: Yeah, forgot another avocado. I bet it would be really good with one, though! ;o)

Tonight's recipe is going to be the Millet Bowl with Black Beans and Vegetables. I'm so excited to make this because I love the mix of veggies! I'm going to use quinoa instead of millet because Jonathan doesn't like millet. Sad! But quinoa is super delicious, so I know it will work out. Pictures to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment