Friday, September 10, 2010

We're off on vacation!

Sorry for the sporadic posting lately and sorry for not having a "things I'm loving lately" post for today. I have a lot of fun putting those together! Unfortunately, getting ready to drive through Canada and spend five days in Ketchikan has been keeping me a little busy. I've been doing my best to plan things to do while I'm in the car. The plan is that Jonathan will do the driving through B.C. and I'll do the driving in Alaska. So that leaves me with a lot of time to putter. I've got a couple books I've been saving to read (The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void), two Uppercase magazines I have been hoarding, a few girly magazines, lots of National Geographics from Jonathan's mom, and I'm rereading Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies for the billionth time because it is SO good!

We start our trip today, driving up the Cariboo Highway! Today we're driving up to Clinton, B.C. Tomorrow we're driving up to Smithers and then on Sunday we'll head over to Prince Rupert to get on the ferry to Ketchikan. It's a pretty ride and only six hours, so not too bad! We'll stay at Jessica and Waldo's the first three nights and then the rental the last two. On our way back we're staying in Prince George but then going all the way back to Portland in one epic, really long trip. But that gets us back into town on Sunday night and then we'll have all the next day to recuperate.

I have no clue how much I'll actually be blogging while we're on vacation. I may just end up blogging afterward. I don't know if anyone actually cares about seeing pictures of sea lions, whales, trees, mountains, and food, but that's fine.

Speaking of trees and mountains, did I ever tell y'all about the time I won the illustrious Tigh Na Mara award during my archaeology trip this year? This is me with the award here in my right hand and a vintage Rainier can in my left. I suppose that is a story for another time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment