Monday, August 9, 2010

More of the weekend

Saturday night came, went, and was AWESOME! I have never been to Rotture for Bollywood dancing, but I am going back! Apparently, the DJs spin there the first Saturday of every month and entry is free between 9 and 10pm. Loves!

The ladies! Me, Shanna, and Andi. We danced our butts off!

This is the only picture that I took inside. The guy in the pink shirt was *hilarious*. I think his friend is the one on the left of the stage with his hand up. They were both not too shabby of dancers and had their PBR tall-boys in hand most of the time. Too funny!

After Rotture we went to Whiffies for fried pies. Yes, you heard me right. Pies that are fried. They are amaaazing. Their selection rotates and they always have savory and sweet options. I got Jonathan and I both curry chicken ones. It was like curried chicken pot pie. Pretty tasty!

Sunday morning rolled around and Jonathan and I got up and started our day. We were heading to the Alpenrose Velodrome to watch track racing! I was pretty excited because it was going to be both Jonathan and I's first track race. It was supposed to be taking place until 6pm. We were going to get there around 3pm, so we'd have a few hours to watch the excitement.

We showed up and...they were breaking things down. The races were over, at least three hours early. Jonathan explained they probably didn't have enough entries into the races to spread them out and they combined them. I was bummed! It was beautiful there and I was looking forward to sitting in the sunshine. I didn't even get any pictures of the track. We were there for that short of a time. So then we wondered what to do and then the answer came to us: BEER!

Specifically, Hopworks Urban Brewery aka HUB. HUB's beer is magic in that it is organic and 100% delicious. We last went to HUB on the Fourth of July. We each ordered a sampler that was to have eight beers each on it. What they brought us was two samplers with ten beers each. Oh, man, that is a lot of beer for a Brittany.

Yum!

This is me and my sampler of deliciousness.

So, needless to say, we love HUB.

We decided to sit on their patio. It was gorgeous and the perfect temperature.

Another beautiful day in Portland!

Jonathan got the Radler, which he'd wanted to try last time we were here. So good!
(It's a beer & lemonade mix that was really refreshing.)

I got their IPA, which is my #1 fave beer there. Oh, man.

We got some details hashed out about our big trip next month, which was great. We're going to be away for a week and a half, so the more details worked out now, the better! On our way out I had to use the restroom, because, duh, I'm a girl and I go about three times an hour. What I had somehow missed last time we were there was this:

Hopworks thinks I'm beautiful! Aw, Hopworks, you know just what to say to a girl.

After HUB we went home and hung out the rest of the evening. It was a successful day, even if I didn't get to see my first track race. There is always another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment