Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life Recap in Bullets and Pictures

Lots of busy stuff going on in life, but not too much worth writing full blog posts about, so here's a recap of what has been going on lately!

*I am now scheduled to work every weekend through the rest of the year for my friends with Saturday Market booths! This is totally awesome! And I'm scheduled for both Saturdays AND Sundays, which is extra awesome! All of that money is going into my trip fund!!

*Speaking of trips, I have decided that I'm going to shoot for REI's Machu Picchu volunteer vacation in November, 2013. That means I need to save up a minimum of $10,000 in the next year or so. Am I crazy?? I'd say yes, but then I realize that within the next few months I will have saved $10,000 for my Antarctica fund since I first decided to start saving last October. And that's just working my main job an average of 15 hours a week! All the rest has been side-hustle money!!! That's why I'm so thankful that my friends have been hiring me to work for them at the market, people have been buying my soap, I've been doing odd jobs here at there for various crafty friends, I've done more house-cleaning work, and I've house-sat for people's pets. BOOYEAH!

(Ahem, if you're feeling generous and would like to contribute to my Antarctica fund, even $5 helps!! The sooner that is paid for, the sooner I can pay for the trip that's more soon! ;o)


*I've now been back at home and not house-sitting for several days. It feels AWESOME! Not sleeping in my own bed for a month makes me extra thankful to have such a comfy bed to come home to.

*It's been crazy hot in Portland recently, in the mid-90s for days at a time. Ugh. Today and tomorrow it's supposed to be 100*. Our apartment stays fairly cool, but I don't like the really hot weather because I don't want to ride my bike in it. I overheat easily, so I am uncomfortable on the longer rides to and from work.

*I'm going to Ketchikan for a month in less than two weeks! Yippee!! I can't wait to see my friends!

*All of the soap in my shop is only $5 until I go to Ketchikan, when I'll then have to put my shop into vacation mode. Help a girl out!!

*I've been reading a ton lately. I need to do a post about the books I've read! I just started "The Art of Non-Conformity" and it's great!




House-sitting Dee and Lou 

Whippets aren't normal, folks 

Grumpers Lou 

Finally found a cheap, crushable sun hat! 




This lady at the market bought the same skirt as me! We're twinsies! 

 Summer inspecting my trees for Friends of Trees. Why do people buy trees and not care for them?

This Harvest Gold Linden was beautiful, well taken care of, and had stake flair! 

SO nice to cook some real food when I got home from house-sitting! 

Got my diploma in the mail! I'm officially official! 

And now I've gotta get ready for work! Yay work!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brittany! It's me again! Long time no "see"! I was catching up a bit and saw your picture mentioning "Friends of Trees". What on earth is that?

    Also CONGRATS on the graduation! I know you have worked so hard and I bet it feels so darn good to get that wondrous piece of paper! Woowhoo!

    Always fun catching up!

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you and Jonathan SO MUCH! I also love that skirt SO MUCH! :-)

    ReplyDelete