Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Summer Recipes!

I've made a few new recipes in this past week that I wanted to share. They are all from this month's issue of Real Simple and are all super delicious!

Yum yum yum yum and more YUM!! This salad was so good that Jonathan wants it as his birthday meal next month! I mostly followed the recipe, but I used a little less shrimp to save money, added a splash of my IPA into the dressing, and also used way more garlic than it mentioned. It came out absolutely delicious! I broiled the shrimp and the heat of the shrimp melts the goat cheese and makes it all creamy and fantastic. Oh, my mouth is watering just thinking of this!

We had this salad as a side to the shrimp salad (yes, a salad side for a salad ;o), which I felt comfortable doing because I knew the flavors of each salad would be totally different. I followed the recipe for this salad, but felt like it could have used more ginger and lemon juice than the recipe called for. I added more lemon juice, but only bought enough garlic for the recipe, so next time I will know to buy a little more! I would have also cut the veggies smaller. Some of the bites were a little...big.

This soup made for some really great leftovers. I think the only difference I made for this recipe was adding an extra stalk of celery and adding a ton more cilantro. We love cilantro in our house! I would have used more lime if I had it, too. I also learned from the Googles on this recipe that you can freeze hominy, which is great because I could only find a giant-sized can of it.

So there you go! Three summer recipes tested by me that are bound to please! Thank you to Real Simple for another batch of great recipes!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I'm saving your post and making all three of these later! I'm in a major cooking rut and these all look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I didn't realize this was YOU! I haven't hardly been online lately, just little brief intervals here and there, so it was a surprise to come finally be able to comment on the blog and realize it's my little Renai. Yes! Definitely make these sometime!!

    ReplyDelete