Monday, May 23, 2011

Hiking, PRT Massage, and Photo Update!

All I have to say about this past week is PHEW!! Having Steve gone is kind of tiring somehow. Ha! There are things at the shop that only he knows and so it's been interesting trying to figure those things out. I am very thankful that today is my day off and that he also gets back into town today! It's going to be like Christmas for me when he checks his mail because I'm getting my AK mail there and I should have probably six boxes from all sorts of different things. So exciting!

Today is going to be pretty great because I have a few errands to run (okay, that part is not that exciting), but I'm going to meet up with my friend Sharron later (the one who does printmaking with me in Oregon, but she's up here visiting friends in Ketchikan, too, right now!) and we're going to hike to Lower Silvis Lake and then later tonight I have a massage from Bonnie Paddock, who gives the best massages I've ever had (due, in part, to her use of Positional Release Therapy, which is AMAZING). So today is going to be a really good day!

I ordered my kayak PFD yesterday with my 20% off REI members-only discount! I got the Stohlquist BetSEA women's PFD (you'll have to click the link to see the picture), which is also the same one my friend Whitney just bought! So we will be little PFD twins when we're out kayaking together in just a few short weeks!!

Here's some pictures of what's been going on in my life in the past few days:

I went to the Monthly Grind for the first time in a couple of years on Saturday night! I was totally beat and a wee bit out of it/cranky from working my twelve hour day, but it was really fun and nice to see people! I did end up having to leave two acts early because I was so tired, but I'm just happy I got to go, period!

Jonathan sent me an updated photo of Harriet's first Meyer lemon! Anyone know if I/he should be doing something special right now? I haven't had time to research it!

I ate dinner alfresco on Thursday (I think?) night because it was so nice and mostly warm out! This is my new little table and chair set from WalMart, for less than $25. It nice to have a table and chair now!

Last night I went to Myurgen's house for dinner and within two minutes of arrival I was holding a chicken. That is pure joy on my face.

 I am in love with their cat, Edison. What you can't see is that he was stretched out so far that his feet were on my feet and he was holding my arm down. He is the snuggliest kitty ever AND he gives little kitty kisses. He is so sweet!

And, for now, I must hop into the shower and get ready to leave so I have time to run all of my errands before I'm supposed to pick Sharron up. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment