Friday, October 15, 2010

Things I'm loving lately

I'm going to be lame. Stats is kicking my butt this week. I am so slow at it and I feel like I'm the one person in the class that needs the most hand-holding. At least, I'm the person who comments the most (asking questions) on our discussion board for the class. So no pictures of things I'm loving lately this week, because the love that I would normally be bestowing upon "official" things has been sapped away by spending hours and hours on homework. I try not to be whiny, but I am human and sometimes it happens.

Peeking kitty!

Things that I am loving this week:
  • Jonathan doing SO MUCH around the apartment and with errands while I'm doing school stuff. He is such a huge help when I'm so mentally busy (and crying sometimes, when I'm feeling especially pitiful about stats - okay, it only happened once and he wasn't there). He has been cooking dinner, cleaning the apartment, taking care of the pets, and running errands. (Not to say I'm not doing anything around the house, just that he's taking over more. I'm still cooking and cleaning some, though! I would go insane if I didn't. :o)
  • Having a catered lunch from Whole Foods at work on Wednesday. We had three different types of lasagna, bread, salad, and some cheesecake. There were lots of lasagna leftovers, so I had lasagna for lunch on Thursday and I will today, too. Yay for leftovers!
  • Having my REI order come in. I have a super cute outfit on today, which includes my new Ibex sweater and Teva boots.
  • Tonight I am having drinks with my friend Kate and her boyfriend and then going to the birthday party of one of my (two) favorite veterinarians! (Wearing my cute outfit! Even better!)
  • Having a Naked Lady Party on Saturday and hopefully finding some cute clothes.
  • Getting "Shopping for Porcupine" in this week. I have managed to read a little bit of it the past two nights and it is AWESOME! Highly recommend it. Plus, totally beautiful pictures of Alaska.
  • On Wednesday Whiffies tweeted that Bing had bought 500 vouchers for free food at Cartopia. At 5pm on their Facebook they announced that the golden spork was up and there was free food to be had! I got down there as fast as I could and enjoyed my free chicken pot pie. Sooo good!
This dorky self portrait lets you know that I am serious about my fried pie.

We were to look for the Golden Spork at the food carts.

One bummer thing this week: My dearest, darling Renai is not coming this weekend. We don't have enough time to do all the awesomely crafty stuff we want to do, so we're going to hold off for now. But, mind you, there will be a crafty explosion happening sometime that will involve making cheese and soap, bike rides, food carts, pedicures, and lots of talk about Alaska. We will probably also drink out of our super sweet beer coozies.
Try not to be too jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Best blog post everrrrr! And don't worry, I had a nervous breakdown on Monday night about my Quickbooks class. I hate it and I threw a huge fit haha

    ReplyDelete