Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Random Bits of Britt Thought



I don't really have a whole lot going on right now of enough to write full blog posts about, so I thought I'd do mini recaps of what is going on.

**I realized earlier this week that I am living on only half of my monthly income. What I mean is that I'm earning almost as much in side hustle income as I am at my regular job. However, all of that side hustle stuff is going to my trip fund. I think I'm going to keep side hustling after my big trips happen and put that money into my stock funds. I didn't start saving soon enough and so now I'm behind in how much I should have saved by age 30. (See this page, this page, and this one, too, for some good info!) I signed up for the Vanguard 500 fund last month, thanks to Mr. Money Mustache. I've been putting 10% of my side hustles plus $225 into my long-term savings for awhile now and it just keeps adding up. I love saving money!!

**I think I have reached the peak of my minimalist "getting rid of things" project. There are just a few more things I've got on Craigslist and plan to list, but overall I'm done. It feels really refreshing to finally be at the point in my life where I think twice about spending money on more stuff. Our apartment is super cute. I stocked up on a few things for my trips, including a couple of these shirts, this windbreaker, and this dress.

**I found out last week that two girls that used to be some of my best friends de-friended me on Facebook. I know, I know, wah wah, it's Facebook. But it bums me out that I don't see these friends anymore. I know I have the memories forever and friends in life come and go, but it still just kinda stung/stings, you know?

**I officially am no longer making soap. A friend of mine completely bought me out. It feels so good to finally be done with it! One less thing to worry about!

**My job is still going awesome and I love it! We've been super busy lately. It makes the days fly by! I can't believe it's almost April!

**I have been super slacking on my 2013 resolutions. I will do a recap post in a few days to see where I'm at.

**I made Frank her own Flickr with her own map of where we've been together. Now her map won't be tainted by my photos taken with the new camera that have GPS built in. It's the little things, people.

That's kinda what's going on with me! I'm sure there's more, but this is some of the main stuff. What's on your mind lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment