Monday, June 25, 2012

Best Day in June!

Yesterday was the best day I've had so far this month. I was to help volunteer with Friends of Trees at Portland Sunday Parkways up in North Portland. I just got a new helmet and have been wanting to ride Eleanor more and so it just felt right to bike up there and back from home - a 16 mile ride total. Longest ride I've done since 2010! (I need to make longer rides happen more, but I also need a different saddle. More on that in another post.) This was my day!

Heading to North Portland on a beautiful morning

Trying to get a good picture of the "sharrow"


More stop sign wisdom

YES. Best mat ever!

Getting Garry Oak ready

He dances!

Have you ever seen a dancing tree?

These people loved the dancing!

Garry's first hug of the day!

Greg and I are the only two people we know with "DON'T PANIC" tattoos



Garry and I!



All in all, it was a GREAT day and I had a ton of fun!!

P.S. Jenny has since updated the Friends of Trees Flickr with the photos we took yesterday, so I thought I'd link to them. Such happiness in all of them! What a great day for everyone! She got this shot of me giving a sticker to a little girl on her mom's bike. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. You funny you! Dancing tree, you say, with a Don't panic tattoo? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Trees don't want you to panic! They want you to relax and have a good time. ;o)

      Delete