Monday, January 16, 2012

My First Big Hike of the Year: Wahkeena Falls to Multnomah Falls!

All I have to say is, "Yeeeaaahhhhh!!!!"

Yesterday was the first big hike of the year and it was AWESOME! Me, four other friends, and SEVEN dogs hiked from Wahkeena Falls to Multnomah Falls. It's about a 5.5 mile loop and most of it is a steep up-hill, full of switchbacks. Artoo was a champ throughout almost the whole thing and had a GREAT time with the other dogs, except for the last mile he was completely dragging. He has been on some long hikes in the past, but I think today was just too much for him all at once after not doing anything really active for so long. But I am proud of him! The weather was gorgeous and there was a ton of snow out. Here's some of the pictures I took, but all of the photos are in this album!












This last picture was Artoo and I waiting for our ride. He had gotten to the point where he could just Go. No. Further. He actually managed to pick a pretty good spot to be done in, since we were right at Multnomah Falls Lodge. We stayed behind while everyone else hiked back to the car and came to get us. I was totally bundled up and was trying to get him to snuggle with me to keep warm, but I think he was just too concerned with people-watching to realize that he was cold and tired. And, of course, as soon as he got into the car he was totally fine.

Today Jonathan and I are going to do the Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge hike, which sounds pretty, so pictures of that to come later! What did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. so pretty!
    i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went snowshoeing both Saturday and Sunday at different spots! Your weekend sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sooooo awesome! YAY for snowshoeing!! I think we are going this upcoming Sunday. I am doing volunteer tree-planting on Saturday and so going Sunday kinda depends on how rambunctious I am feeling after being up and down off my knees for most of the day Saturday and also how much homework I have. But I reeeeally want to go!

    ReplyDelete