Monday, August 29, 2011

Talbot Lake Hike!

Yesterday I went on a fabulous hike with my friend Whitney that I've been wanting to do for quite awhile. To get to Talbot Lake, one must keep following the Connell Lake trail. I have always gotten to this one certain open clearing and turned around and last year Brian, Jonathan, and I made it a little further, but we still didn't go all the way to Talbot. My goal this last week was to change that yesterday! The hike one way is only 2.3 miles, so not too bad. The weather started off rainy and I was proud of Whitney for still going with me, and then the sun came out anyway, so we had nothing to worry about!











If you're interested, the rest of the pictures are in my Flickr  album!

It took us an hour each way to the lake, so about 4.6 miles total in two hours. After the hike I came home and took a nap and then decided to walk to my book club meeting, which Google Maps told me was .7 miles away. Getting in six miles of walking yesterday felt awesome! Today I am going to start my new job that I'll be working downtown on Mondays. Google Maps says this location is about 1.2 miles away, so that will be a solid two miles of walking today, not counting anything else I might do later. Just want to make sure I'm getting in enough exercise when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment