Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Full Week Back in Alaska! Weekend Recap

Today marks one week that I have been back in Ketchikan! Things are going awesomely and I am super happy. There are many good things that have happened in the past few days. I am now able to use my laptop at my house, due to the little USB-to-ethernet dongle I bought off eBay. This is really exciting to me! It now saves me a lot of time and gas since I don't have to go all the way into town just to use my computer. Also, now it will be easier for me to do my regular internetting stuff, which is always nice.

Right now I am at my friend Whitney and Brian's place, sitting on a very comfy couch with my feet kicked up. I have laundry being washed in the other room, fast wifi, and am eating a yummy black bean and tofu enchilada. Enjoying myself this evening! (It's Sunday. ;o)

So, let's get down to business, shall we? This is what's going on in Brittany Land right now:

 I saw a bear eating on the side of the road on Thursday. Pretty cool!

 I encountered the glorious Tuffie Heaven inside Tongass.

 I (somewhat) happily bought my most expensive fishing license ever.

 I got a $120 fishing rod and reel set off Ketchikan Classifieds for only $40!

Brian, Whitney, and I went for a walk at Refuge on Saturday night and it was crazy beautiful.

Saturday evening later turned into this around 9:15pm. I was driving home and it was so pretty that I had to stop and take a picture.

So that's what I've been up to these past couple of days! I'm looking forward to catching up on reading blogs today! (It's my first full day off!!) I'm also going to make some soap and hopefully go out in my friends' boat. Yippee!

Come back tomorrow to enter into my giveaway for a 1lb bag of our Sasquatch coffee blend!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to breathe some of that air...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the license photo! :)
    I am hungry and this post just made me hungrier. Maybe I should go eat.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete